- Keville Enterprises
96 Kneeland St
Description: Keville Enterprises, Inc., an established Construction Management Consulting and Inspection firm, is seeking full time Cost Estimators with rail/transit experience in support of our Client. We are aggressively seeking the most qualified candidates. Total compensation for this position will meet or exceed what the current competitive market offers, commensurate with years of experience and proficiency.
This assignment will require working in the Client's Office located in downtown Boston. The primary focus of this position will be to develop independent cost estimates for capital construction projects and change orders, and to review and comment on cost estimates developed by others and change order cost proposals submitted by construction contractors. Candidates should have 5 years of construction cost estimating experience including rail/transit projects. This position will also be involved in problem solving, alternative construction approaches and project delivery methods, and some negotiation.
At Keville Enterprises, we offer a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package to include Medical, Dental and Life Insurance, 401k Profit Sharing Plan, FSA/Dependent Care accounts, paid time off for Vacation, Sick and Holidays. We support ample industry related training and a broad range of career opportunities and more!
Cost Estimator Duties and responsibilities: The Estimator will be required to develop detailed capital cost and change order estimates, and estimates in support of risk and value engineering studies. The Estimator will also review capital cost estimates developed by others and provide review comments.
The applicant must have the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with the client, project managers, construction managers, other project consultants and senior level management.
* Provide coordination and liaison with construction field personnel, project management and project engineering personnel throughout the estimate development.
* Review estimates for adequacy, uniformity and completeness.
* Obtain vendor quotes, and other local pricing information.
* Develop labor costs based upon crew sizes, local labor rates and production rates for activities that are impacted by maintenance of traffic, construction phasing, weather, proximity to an operating railway and other adjacent construction activities.
* Review contract documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and equitable cost allowance for scope changes.
* Prepare material take-offs and review take-offs of others from planning documents or engineering drawings.
* Prepare conceptual and comparative cost study estimates from preliminary sketches.
* Prepare quantity takeoffs to support construction cost estimates for all disciplines.
* Prepare detailed breakdown of components and elements of estimates for systems and subsystems.
* Accumulate, evaluate and document historical cost data for the development of future estimates. We are seeking an individual whose experience demonstrates a primary area of focus in Construction Cost Estimating. Candidates with some exposure to cost estimating duties, such as Project Managers, are unlikely to meet the expected level of expertise/proficiency to be considered for this estimating position.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Keville Enterprises, Inc. has been serving the Construction Management Industry since 1991. A WBE/DBE Certified Construction management and inspection firm, Keville specializes in providing a full spectrum of construction management and support services as an owner's representative on public and private projects. Today Keville is one of the largest and most successful woman-owned CM firms in the nation committed to 100% client satisfaction and continuous development and improvement of our employees, products, and services.
OTHER: Keville is committed to providing a diverse, drug-free work place. Candidate must successfully pass drug-screening procedures prior to being hired; thereafter subject to random and cause drug and alcohol testing. Pre-employment background/MVR check required. Employees assigned to driving duties (\"drivers\") must at all times have a current, valid driver's license in which the employee performs his or her driving duties and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Keville's driving policy. OSHA 10 certification is a condition of employment. This employer participates in e-verify. More Information:
Cost Estimator Qualifications: A minimum of five years of general estimating experience directly related to both engineering and construction activities are required. Estimating experience in track work, rail station, rail signal and power systems, and utilities construction is required and experience in estimating heavy civil construction and roadway work is preferred. Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering is strongly preferred. Experience using either SAGE (Timberline) or HCSS estimating software is strongly preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is required. Must be extremely proficient in the use of computers, with excellent report writing skills.
Keville Enterprises, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
Associated topics: account, analyse, analyst, commercial, cost, cost estimator, estimator, expense, price, quotation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...