96 Kneeland St
Chubb Global Risk Advisors: Regional Manager - Building Sciences and Environmental Engineering Business
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Chubb Global Risk Advisors is a global consulting enterprise which provides health, safety, environmental, and engineering services to clients across the globe.
Chubb Global Risk Advisors will be the preferred provider of consulting and compliance services in the unbundled market while maintaining our underwriting and loss control capabilities to support Chubb. Our relentless focus on the customer experience will build our brand preference. Our customers will define us as customer-focused, experienced, flexible, creative and efficient.
Reporting directly to the Business Unit Leader, the Building Science and Environmental Engineering New England Regional Manager is responsible for the following core responsibilities:
* Develop new business opportunities with new and existing clients. Identify the opportunity, obtain resources to consummate the opportunity, prepare the scope of work or proposal, and execute service completion.
* Enhance backlog of office in all disciplines.
* Meet staff billability goals. Meet office revenue goals.
* Provide satisfaction to clients for technical quality of work by the regional office.
* Management of senior and technical work on client projects, as needed. Develop, track and report progress on cost, schedule, and performance objectives for each project; meeting project profitability goals and client deadlines.
* Collaborate manage new business development to meet the growth goals of the region.
* Identify new regulatory and technical business opportunities. Determine the types of personnel and/or hardware resources necessary to take advantage of the opportunity estimate the cost of such resources and the possible revenues from such opportunity and recommend the appropriate action to senior management.
* Provide guidance and major driving force for business development in office, by meeting with clients, pursuing business opportunities and active participation in and coordination of all business development activities for office.
* Serve as proposal manager on major proposals for office or delegate responsibility to appropriate senior personnel.
* Identify hurdles that must be overcome in order to meet business development, office and program management goals, and recommend solutions to overcome those hurdles.
* Perform senior technical work or QA on projects.
* Responsible for staff development to enhance employees' technical, management and business development/sales skills.
* Inform Senior Manager of potential cost, schedule or performance problems on projects and office operations and recommend solutions at an early enough stage that adjustment can be made as needed.
* Advise Senior Manager on a weekly basis of backlog, billability, project work load, business opportunities and project status for the office.
* Lead and direct technical staff to promote cost-effective work schedules, and minimize schedule conflicts/emergencies.
* Source, onboard and train technical staff when approved by ESIS Senior Management, as appropriate, to perform work in the regional office.
* Prepare work scopes, proposals, and negotiate contracts necessary to carry out responsibilities.
* Ensure adequate supervisory review of cost-contractual commitments and technical work products in accordance with delegated corporate approval levels.
* Prepare summaries of projects and prepare other project/personnel specific marketing assigned by the Business Unit Leader to support overall corporate business development strategies.
* Maintain thorough awareness of Chubb Global Risk Advisors' technical capabilities in order to identify all possible business opportunities and serve clients completely and efficiently.
* Other project duties as assigned by Business Unit Leader.
* Education: Bachelor's degree in a business or environmentally related field.
* Experience: Minimum of eight to ten years of experience in related business.
* Knowledge & Skills:
* Provide expertise and supervision
* Operates within broad range of objectives set by senior management
* Demonstrated extensive knowledge of environmental consulting industry.
* Demonstrated extensive capabilities in the areas of business development, management, administration and financial controls.
* Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, database access and management) required.
Position normally requires professional certifications and state accreditations/licenses necessary to service and manage Building Science-related projects in New England. Demonstrated experience with Indoor Air Quality and Mold Assessments a plus. Candidates must be able to perform strenous physical activities. Some travel is required.
Chubb Global Risk Advisors is a service of ESIS?, Inc., a Chubb company. Chubb Global Risk Advisors provides claim and risk management services to a wide variety of commercial clients. ESIS' innovative best-in-class approach to program design, integration, and achievement of results aligns with the needs and expectations of our clients' unique risk management needs. With more than 60 years of experience, and offerings in both the US and globally, ESIS provides one of the industry's broadest selections of risk management solutions covering both pre and post-loss services. Chubb is the marketing name used to refer to subsidiaries of Chubb Limited providing insurance and related services. For more information, visit us at www.chubb.com.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual
respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website.
In order to be considered an applicant for employment with Chubb, all applicants must go to Chubb's Careers website to complete an online application for the position of interest. If you do not complete the online application, you will not be considered an applicant in accordance with Chubb's policy.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...